Best Feeding Bottle For Your Baby in India
Introducing a bottle to your baby is also a big milestone for any parent. When to introduce? How often should the bottle be offered? Which bottle should be used? Few of the many questions that every new parent seeks answers for. All parents have very varied needs when it comes to feeding their children, but no matter what stage you are at, there’s a bottle that will fit your requirement. While you decide if you plan to only breastfeed or only give formula, or do a combination of both, feeding bottles are sure to make your and your baby’s life very convenient and there’s a whole plethora of choices out there.
When should you introduce a bottle?
Parents are usually advised to introduce a bottle to their babies when the baby is 2-4 weeks old, once the baby is breastfeeding well and the mother’s milk supply has been established. Introducing the bottle too early may result in the baby refusing the breast and sometimes it's the other way round also where introducing the bottle post the 6 weeks mark may result in the baby refusing the bottle completely.
How to choose baby bottles?
Regardless of the kind of bottle you need, the top 5 things you should keep in mind while choosing a baby bottle are:
- The bottle must be BPA free to prevent any chemicals from getting into your baby’s milk. You can check packaging or the product description wherein it is mentioned if the bottle is BPA free.
- The bottle should be easy to clean to avoid leaving any milk deposits.
- Another feature you should consider is an air venting system that releases all the air bubbles trapped in the milk to avoid colic in babies,
- Have clear measurement marks
- Should be compatible with your pump if you plan on pumping and feeding.
Top Feeding Bottles Brands in India -
1. Dr. Brown’s - Dr. Brown's natural flow baby bottle is a tried and tested favourite with parents. Dr. Brown's original baby bottles feature a patented internal vent system that eliminates vacuum and air bubbles. Dr. Brown's polypropylene bottles hold up to 4 oz of liquid and help to reduce colic, spit-up, burping and gas.
2. Medela - Medela polypropylene breast milk bottles are made without BPA, designed to retain breast milk's beneficial properties. Compatible with all Medela breast pumps, so one can pump, store and feed with a single container. Screw on lids ensure that the bottles are leak-proof and are easy for storage, travel and freezing. To view their products, click here.
3. Boon - NURSH' bottles from Boon feature a 100% silicone pouch that collapses as your little one drinks, without allowing gas-inducing air back in. Check them out here.
4. Philips Avent Anti Colic + Natural - Philips Avent’s natural bottle with an ultra soft teat resembles the breast and makes it easy to combine breast and bottle feeding. The Philips Avent Anti-colic with an AirFree vent is designed to reduce the amount of air a baby ingests which helps ease issues like colic, gas and spit ups.
5. Como Tomo - Como Tomo baby feeding bottles feature innovative designs to mimic natural breastfeeding and are ideal for babies who have trouble transitioning from nursing to bottle-feeding. The bottles are designed with vents to prevent colic while eliminating leakage.
6. Hegen - Hegen’s Feeding Bottle comes with a Slow Flow teat that is ideal from the first month as it mimics the initial slow flow of breast milk - up to 3 months old. Additional teats of various sizes gradually let parents swap to their choice of teats for the baby's perfect feed. Breast milk storage lids allow the feeding bottles to be converted to air-tight and secured storage containers and can also be used as a snack cup or to store baby food.
7. Honey Boo - This premium quality double walled stainless steel bottle has a thermal body and is ergonomically designed with a vacuum seal that maintains the milk at a moderate temperature while its agitator attachment maintains the consistency of milk. Its silicon peristaltic nipple redirects air which prevents your baby from swallowing air and developing colic.
8. Dr. WaterR - Dr. WaterR is an Indian origin Baby Feeding Bottle and is made of Stainless Steel, making it easy to clean and use. Interchangeable caps also ensure that its easy to use on the go.
9. Nanobebe - Nanobebe’s award-winning Breastmilk Bottle is the first and only baby bottle designed to preserve the essential nutrients found in breast milk, making it the best bottle for breastfed babies. Shaped like mom for a natural feel, this bottle feeding experience is second only to direct breastfeeding. The instinctual connection prevents nipple confusion, easing the transition from breast to bottle.
Bottle Feeding is a great alternative to feed your baby and the right one can make all the difference.